Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving and such

Oh boy is my fat butt excited about Thanksgiving! Not only is it Kevin & I's first Thanksgiving, we are having it at his mother's house, and not ours (I don't think I'm ready for that just yet...). I'm bringing some of my families traditional dishes because his family makes nothing I have ever had at Thanksgiving. Oh but it all sounds soooooo good.

What I am making:

Party potatoes
Corn/cornbread casserole
green bean casserole
sweet potatoes with marshmallows
reg. mashed potatoes
apple pie
my famous delicious pumpkin roll


What I remember that his fam is making:
turkey
ham
pork roast
greens (I've never had these so i am excited)
mac & cheese (I LOVE mac & cheese)
sweet potatoes
potato salad
sweet potatoe pie (very excited about this after my trying to impress Kevin last Christmas sweet potato pie...)



YUMMMMMMMM I'm excited. And we're all going to play some games at Thanksgiving. Charades and Poquino. Anything else fun anyone can think of to play???????

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What the hell is a party potato?

Sarah said...

We had a mini thanksgiving last night since my future in laws were visiting from FL and we will be spending Thanksgiving in Ohio.

We bought the best Turkey from Lobel's. It's an amazing butcher on the Upper East Side... absurdly expensive but worth it when you are cooking to impress!