Thursday, November 13, 2008

Union Square

Earlier this week I went to Union Square after eating lunch at this delightful place. Union Square was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool. They had a farmer's market thing y up. Awesome. I got some apples to make applesauce. I got some fresh brussel sprouts. I love brussel sprouts. I also got some fresh rosemary. Have you ever smelled fresh rosemary?? That stuff smells so good! I wanna put a little bit in a vase cause it smells crazy good. Oh and I passed by this booth with hot apple cider and got a cup then a quart for at home. I loooooovvvvveee hot apple cider. It is so good. So, Union Square was one of the coolest things I've done so far here. Quite neat.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I loooove Union Square!! Glad you had fun!

Ellen Mint said...

It's really easy to grow rosemary, not as easy as basil but still relatively simple with a window box.

kara in DC said...

hey Kara in New York... glad to hear you are liking the city so far. Union Square is definitely fun (but I can't stand it on the weekends - too crowded!). what else have you seen? do you like living in the Bronx?

congrats on getting married =)

Sarah said...

I love the farmer's market at Union Square. It's got a great vibe and a friend owns a restaurant a few blocks away so I love checking out the area.

Thanks for the suggestion about the Target in the Bronx. I think that from where I live the one in Queens is the easiest to get too. We just have to use a zipcar to get there! Plus I'm a little nervous about traveling to the Bronx ... silly stereotypes. What do you think of it?