Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lab Shmab

I had some blood work done for the doctor a few weeks ago. My results came in the mail the other day. Everything came back normal!!! This is the first time in my whole life my lab results have come back normal! My new doctor is awesome. My polycystic ovaries are under control. My thyroid levels are perfect. My iron isn't low! My folic acid isn't low! For once, I'm normal! This is the first doctor since I started my female joy to tell me he thinks I have polycystic ovaries. My period has never been on schedule my whole life, which was actually pretty cool, but not so cool when you eventually want babies, which I sooo do. So I started on this medicine and for the first time in my whole life, my period started exactly when it was supposed to. I had been worried because in my car accident I had had a stroke in my coma. So the doctors told me I couldn't do regular birth control because of blood clotting. But I talked to my new OB/GYN at my last appointment and she explained I just couldn't use birth control with estrogen in it! But there will still some options for me!! So that visit I got the Depro-vera Shot! Not only are my labs normal, but now we won't have a baby till we're ready. AWESOME! Sorry if I grossed a few of you out.

1 comment:

Cate Subrosa said...

Fantastic news... I'm really pleased for you :)