Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just stop. Be quiet. Make the food.

I love the food network. LOVE IT! I watch it almost 24/7. I go online to find recipes that I saw on-line and make myself. Here's the list of shows on Food Network I enjoy watching:

1. Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee
2. Ace of Cakes
3. Barefoot Contessa
4. Cooking For Real
5. Everyday Italian
6. Food Network Challenge
7. Good Eats with Alton Brown
8. Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger
9. Nigella Bites
10. Paula's Best Dishes
11. Paula's Home Cooking
12. Paula's Party
13. Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller
14. Simply Delicioso
15. Tyler's Ultimate
16. 30-Minute Meals


Yeah, I watch a lot of the food network. Now, Rachel Ray. Her food always looks delicious, but she has got to be the most annoying person on television. Yumm-O? EVOO? Sammie? She throws salt and pepper over her shoulder for luck, every time? Just stop it and be quiet. Make the food.


What's the most annoying Rachael Ray catchphrase?

Posted Dec 11th 2007 12:33PM by Bob Sassone

Rachael RayThere are several "Rachael Rayisms" (I think she coined the term herself), and we all have our favorite. Or should I say our least favorite of all the ones we don't like.

Mine used to be "EVOO," but that has become such a part of the everyday food lexicon that I consider it a real food term now and not just something that Ray says (in fact, I believe the Oxford Dictionary just added it?). I'm gonna go with "Delish," because it embodies everything that's silly about the worst cooking shows and just overall lameness. Plus she says it in that new Christmas Dunkin' Donuts commercial and it drives me nuts. Other phrases she uses: "You guys!," "Parmigiano Reggiano," "awesome," and the classic "Yum-O."

To get you in the mood, after the jump, 2 minutes and 46 seconds of Rachael Ray saying "mmmmmmm."


I found these other videos to help support my opinions:


No comments: